http://topdogsocialmedia.com/social-media-training/ Is Social Media a fad or is it here to stay?
Social media isn’t a fad, it has PERMANENTLY changed how we do business and how we communicate.
Social Media Statistics for 2011
1. Over 50% of the world’s population is under 30-years-old
2. In 10 years over 40% of the Fortune 500 will no longer be here
3. Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the Web
4. Facebook tops Google for weekly traffic in the U.S.
5. 1 in 5 couples meet online; 3 in 5 gay couples meet online
6. What happens in Vegas stays on YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook…
7. 2009 US Department of Education study revealed that on average, online students out performed those receiving face-to-face instruction
8. If Facebook were a country it would be the world’s 3rd largest and 2x the size of the U.S. population
9. 80% of companies use social media for recruitment; % of these using LinkedIn 95%
10. The fastest growing segment on Facebook is 55-65 year-old females
11. A new member joins LinkedIn every second
If Facebook were a country it would be the world’s 3rd largest
4. United States
Almost every home in Canada and the USA have a computer in it in 2011.
4 out 5 Canadian’s are using social media.
More than 70% of American’s are currently on a least one social networking site.
Canadian’s spend more time online than any other country in the world at 43.5 hours a month!
American’s spend 35.3 hours per month online.
Social Media is about listening first, selling second.
Don’t think there’s an ROI on Social Media?
The ROI of Social Media is Your Business Will Still Exist in 5 Years
“We don’t have a choice on whether we DO social media, the question is how well we DO it”. ~Erik Qualman
Still think social media is a fad?
Brought to you by:
Top Dog Social Media
138-1876 Cooper Road, Ste 152 Kelowna, BC V1Y 9N6
Email: info@TopDogSocialMedia.com Phone: 250-717-3353
CONNECT WITH ME: